Battery & Fuel Cell Technologies From Scratch to the Top
Energy systems across the globe are undergoing a fundamental transformation. As we continue to decrease dependence on fossil fuels, the world is demanding more diverse power solutions for our transportation needs.
Today’s electric vehicles are almost exclusively powered by lithium-ion batteries, but there is a long way to go before electric vehicles become dominant in the global automotive market. In addition to policy support, widespread deployment of electric vehicles requires high-performance and low-cost energy storage technologies, including not only batteries but also alternative electrochemical devices. Here, we provide a comprehensive evaluation of various batteries and fuel cells technologies that have the greatest potential to succeed in commercial applications.
This course is an introduction to batteries and fuel cells – the cornerstones of electromobility and renewable energy. Learning the lessons of history, understanding the main driving forces of global changes, and earning the basic knowledge of the key technologies will help to gain basic all-around comprehension of the subject.
What you’ll learn
– Lessons of history, in order to understand possible risks of electromobility in the near future.
– Driving forces of growing demand in electromobility and energy storage and how it changes the game.
– Basic principles and “how it works” for electric vehicles, batteries, and fuels cells.
– Main types of batteries and fuel cells.
– How electrode material chemistry defines battery characteristics.
What Will You Learn?
- History of Battery Development
- Electric Vehicles and Batteries
- Chemical Power Sources
- Basic Principles of Batteries and Fuel Cells
- Fuel Cells Classification
- Lead-Acid Batteries
- NiCd, NiFe, NiMH
- Lithium-ion Batteries
- Electrode Materials for Lithium-ion Batteries
History of Electric Vehicles
First EV Rising05:46
EV Falling Down06:38
Electric Vehicles & Batteries
Types of EV engines07:33
Motor and Energy Storage08:59
Chemical Power Sources
Basic principles Battery & Fuel Cell14:15
Fuel Cell Technology13:22
Different Types of Batteries
Lead Acid Batteries (part 1)14:32
Lead Acid Batteries (part 2)09:07
NiCd, NiFe, NiMH09:40
Electrode Materials for Lithium-ion Batteries
Positive Electrode Materials: Layered LCO, NMC, NCA15:28
Positive Electrode Materials: Spinel LMO, LNMO13:13
Positive Electrode Materials: Olivine LFP07:23
Negative Electrode Materials. Carbon-Based Material13:18